The Ultra-Low Sulphur Diesel Project at the Ultramar refinery is part of the projects launched by the petrochemical industry towards low sulphur fuel. The 400 M$ project by Valero refinery delivers diesel in compliance with new government environmental requirements that took effect in summer 2006. The project included the construction of a high pressure unit and all the outside battery limit work required.
The project engineering was conducted in Calgary and managed from Quebec. It required the procurement of equipment from the USA, Europe and Asia including Japan and India.
- Year of realization : 2004 – 2006
- Project value : 400 Million USD
- Engineering management of engineering teams in Calgary and Quebec City
- Project controls management and supervision
- Procurement Management including contractual strategy definition
- Purchasing, expediting, inspection planning, shop auditing
- Overall planning of project activities and implementation
- Risk management – identification, assessment and mitigation of risks
- Review and analysis of constructability study
- Supervision and management of EPCM contractor work
- Management and execution of pre-commissioning and commissioning work
- Site logistics and construction assistance