Shell’s Montreal East refinery tank farm contains more than 300 atmospheric API 650 tanks constructed between 1932 and 2006. Each year, the refinery puts out of service 5 to 15 tanks for inspection. During these inspections, the refinery revamps the tanks and their adjacent systems.
Genesys has been given the mandate of managing the tank inspection program in addition to providing preliminary and detailed engineering necessary for each tank.
The project management team also ensures the follow-up of turnarounds, cleaning,inspection, repair, modification and re-commissioning of tanks.
The modifications typically include: replacement of tank floors, installation of mixers,replacement of floating roof joints, addition of nozzle connections and manholes,modifications of existing gas blanketing systems, installation of handrails on top ofthe tanks and installation of new instrumentation.
- Year of realization : 2004 – 2009
- Project value : 3 – 15 Million USD per year
- Project Management
- Project cost estimation and scheduling
- Analysis of constraints in regard to tank connections, walls and roof
- Equipment and instrument specification
- Procurement documents for equipment and instrumentation
- Technical drawings
- On-site technical support
- Pre-operative testing and start-up assistance