SafetyKleen is a leading provider of environmental services to commercial, industrial and automotive customers. It is the largest re-refiner of used oil and provider of parts cleaning services in North America.
In 2008, Safety Kleen decides to increase its reclaim oil hydro treating capacity by 25%, which corresponds to an incremental production of 3500 BSPD. Genesys was mandated to identify the de-bottlenecking opportunities that would make this expansion possible during a planned shut-down thus avoiding any loss in production.
Genesys also designed the modifications to be implemented in the high-pressure hydro treating unit and the vacuum fractionation unit.
- Year of realization : 2008 – 2010
- Project value : 30 Million USD
- Provide a plant layout
- Process evaluation of the existing unit
- Process design for the hydrotreating and vacuum fractionation units
- Project cost estimate and work schedule
- Design of piping and pressure vessels
- Design of foundations and support structures
- Design of the control and instrumentation systems
- Design of the electrical distribution network
- Provide technical specifications of over 200 mechanical equipment (pressure vessels, heat exchangers, fire heater, compressors and pumps)