Coastal Petrochemical of Canada, whose Montreal plant produces paraxylene, used to make polyester and plastic bottles, aimed at achieving a significant reduction in the high pressure steam consumption of their benzene recovery tower.
Genesys’ mandate consisted of conducting a study to figure out technical alternatives to better reach their targets, which were then assessed before agreeing on implementing a novel heat integration scheme thus allowing a reduction of 15000 lbs/hr to be successfully attained.
- Year of realization : 2003
- Project value : 5 Million USD
- Engineering of overall layout for new equipment and high pressure piping
- Process simulation of the Benzene unit
- Equipment design and sizing
- Optimization of the piping layout using sophisticated 3D software
- Stress Analysis of the piping network
- Configuration and programming of the new control loops
- Project management
- Construction management
- Commissioning & Start-up