Rothsay is the largest rendering operation in Canada, with six processing facilities and over 50 years of experience in this industry. After completing extensive and important biodiesel testing, Rothsay decided to complete the first full scale commercial facility in Canada.
Genesys was contracted to develop an overall feasibility study given its expertise and the know-how of its engineers in similar projects, in order to decide upon the scale-up project. This feasibility report offered Rothsay-Laurenco the opportunity to have their first industrial Biodiesel facility in Canada financed and started up during the same year.
Rothsay Biodiesel now produces more than 35 million litres of crystal clear, colourless biodiesel per year that exceeds all national and international specifications.
- Year of realization : 2005
- Project value : 10 Million USD
- Conducting an extensive literature review
- Developing and executing experimental testing at the pilot scale
- Selecting optimal property models and integrating them into simulation tools
- Simulating the batch process using advanced computing tools
- Finalizing the processing sequence and industrial process flowsheeting
- Studying the aspects of feedstock properties, energy integration, out of plant specifications and by-products management
- Feasibility study