The production platform Hibernia is the world’s largest oil platform and consists of a 37,000 t (41,000 short tons) integrated topside facility mounted on a 600,000 t (660,000 short tons) gravity base structure. The platform was towed to its final site, and 450,000 t (500,000 short tons) of solid ballast were added to secure it in place. Inside the gravity base structure are storage tanks for 1.2 million barrels (190,000 m3) of crude oil.
Genesys offered its services for design and supervision activities, regarding the supply and fabrication of equipment for the Ballasting of the Platform.
- Year of realization : 1995
- Project value : 14.2 Billion USD
- Design , calculations & finite elements analysis
- Detailed engineering and drawings
- Listing of fabrication procedures
- Coordination and supervision of fabrication